About Wellness Works
Wellness Works engages the community in restoring hope and a sense of wholeness of body and soul to veterans and their families.
Through helping to restore hope and a sense of wholeness to veterans and their families, we envision helping to restore a sense of soul to our nation’s health care system. The larger impact being a world that understands that peace within one’s self creates peace in the world.
We believe that each of us has the capacity, the right and the responsibility to experience wellness, a state of being at ease in body, emotions, mind and spirit, no matter what the circumstances of our lives.
- We value the spiritual dimension of life.
- We value relationships that build community.
- We value education, healing practices and ritual in their ability to empower, heal and raise consciousness.
- We value the transforming energy and opportunities for growth that come from crisis and trauma.
- We value integrity, compassion…and most of all, we value joy.
Wellness Works provides education, healing and opportunities for self-care in a safe, welcoming environment. Our core programs are built upon the belief that healing involves an exchange of giving and receiving.
Wellness Works is an organization through which our community can create, support, and be part of providing a space for veterans to heal the stress and wounds of military service. As we promote the loving reintegration of veterans back into the surrounding community and honor their service, we strengthen our bond as a community. Our work is sustained by community investments of time, service and money.